Tilavalli, a village located in Haveri district is home to a beautiful 12th century Chalukyan temple. The inscription in the temple complex gives details of its construction in 1239 AD by Kalideva Thakkura. The east facing temple has a grabhagriha housing a Shiva linga, an antrala and a huge Sabhamantapa. The Sabhamantapa has 48 lathe turned pillars. The central ceiling is heavy decked with Astadikpalas. On the outer walls are carvings of erotic figures.
This temple is a good piece of art from the Yadava Period. Though the temple was open during our visit, the priest was unavailable for gathering more information. The temple needs more maintenance and restoration.
With this post, Teamgsquare completes a joyful journey four years of adventure, traveling, learning, and sharing .
|Lathe turned Pillar|
|A Closer Look at the Pillar|
|A joyful moment|